Gordon Rugby Football Club, known as the Highlanders, was founded in 1927 on Sydney's North Shore, playing in the Metropolitan Junior Competitions and its home games on Roseville Chase Oval. The club was disbanded in 1930 and the following year, many of its players transferred to the newly formed Roseville Junior Rugby Union Football Club, whose home ground was Chatswood Oval. In the 1935 season, the club won the Metropolitan Junior Club Championship, the Kentwell Cup and its second grade, the Bourke Cup.
Following its success the club was admitted to the Grade Competition in 1936 and changed its name to the Gordon District Rugby Union Football Club. It was 1949 before Gordon won the Club Championship and First grade premierships were achieved in 1952, 1954, 1956, 1958, 1976, 1993, 1995 and 1998.
Tweets by @NSWWaratahs