Posted January 30, 2013
INTERN OPPORTUNITY - SHUTE SHIELD PRESS OFFICER
The NSW Rugby Union and Sydney Rugby Union are looking for an intern to help promote Sydney’s premier club rugby competition, the Shute Shield.
Candidates would be required to work approximately two days’ per week (one to be Saturday) from February until September 2013. Successful candidates must have a working knowledge of the Sydney club rugby environment and some journalistic experience.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Producing an online tournament media guide
• Producing weekly preview and review press releases for each round, including finals
• Uploading content to the Waratahs and NSWRU websites
• Manage the Shute Shield twitter feed and YouTube channel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• An understanding of working to deadlines and the ability to work under pressure
• Working knowledge of the Sydney club rugby environment
• Proven journalistic ability, preferably within sport
• Ability to work weekends (primarily to attend Shute Shield matches on Saturdays)
• Own transport
This position will involve up to two days’ work per week from February until September 2012. Regular weekend and evening work will be required, primarily attending Shute Shield matches on Saturdays and filing reports afterwards. This position is an unpaid position however expenses will be paid and some benefits may be available, including an annual Shute Shield pass.
Please apply enclosing your CV and a short cover letter or email to: email@example.com stating the role in the email subject field.
Closing date: Monday February 18, 2013.
Posted January 7, 2013
Gordon Rugby Club - Coaches and ancillary positions
Gordon Rugby is calling for applicants for all coaching and ancillary positions reporting to the rugby manager/director for the 2013 season.
• Lower grade coaches
• Assistant coaches
• Colts coaches
• Colts assistant coaches
• Specialist skills coaches
• Development co-ordinator
• Team managers (all above teams)
New applicants are requested to submit a written application with a CV as soon as possible by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Gordron Rugby Football Club
PO Box 1396