Super Rugby Australia
Fixtures & Results
South African Conference
Australian Rugby Sites
Australian Super Rugby
Australian Sevens Rugby
Super Rugby Squad
Waratahs Team Song
Packages and pricing
NSW Waratahs Draw
Fixtures & Results
NSW Waratahs Shop details
Player and Charity Requests
Free Junior Season Pass FAQ
Our Vision and Values
Waratahs and The Community
Board of Directors
Strength & conditioning internships - Elite Pathways Program, Waratahs Rugby (posted September 19)
Waratahs Rugby is seeking qualified applicants for 2 Strength & Conditioning Internships in rugby union. Both are unpaid internships that will begin in early November 2014 and end in April 2015. Internship dates coincide with the physical preparation and competition calendar of the 2015 NSW U18s & U20s squads. Applicants will need to be available for sessions on Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs afternoons from 2.30pm -6.30pm. Sessions will be based at Waratahs Physical Performance Centre at their Moore Park base.
Internship responsibilities include: assisting the Athletic Development staff with the implementation of strength and conditioning, speed, agility, flexibility, mobility and nutritional programs. Additional duties include, but are not limited to: monitoring the Sports Performance facilities and aiding the Sport Performance staff in various aspects of coaching, testing and evaluation. Interns are expected to stay for the entire duration of the internships. Applicants should have completed or be in the process of completion of a degree in the Sport Sciences and relevant strength & conditioning coaching experience. ASCA qualifications & certifications are encouraged. Please send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.
Applications close October 10th, 2014.
• Applicants should be competent in general exercise physiology and kinesiology.
• Applicants should be well versed in a variety of training & lifting techniques.
• Applicants should be professional, clean, honest, and responsible.
• Applicants should be good at time management.
• Applicants should be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism.
• Applicants must be comfortable interacting with others (athletes, coaches, etc.).
• Applicants should be comfortable speaking to groups.
• All interns are expected to work a minimum of sixteen hours per week throughout the duration of their contracted term.
Program Manager, Memberships (Australian Rugby Union) (posted September 10, 2014)
The Australian Rugby Union, the national body of rugby in Australia and home to the Qantas Wallabies, in conjunction with the Waratahs and Melbourne Rebels Super Rugby teams (Waratahs and Rebels) is seeking applications for the newly created role of Program Manager, Memberships (Shared Services).
This role has a strong focus on customer service delivery and the successful applicant will provide best practice & specialist knowledge to strengthen our position in the market. They will oversee & develop programs to achieve strong and profitable ticket membership operations for the Waratahs and Rebels.
The role is responsible for:
• Implementing the Membership programs to facilitate the delivery of key strategic business objectives
• Working with the Manager, Memberships to achieve and maintain productive, progressive and harmonious relationships with key stakeholders
• Delivering the Membership operations program activities for the Waratahs and Rebels to profitably strengthen direct relationships with customers with an
emphasis on retention
• Optimising, researching & implementing a range of membership acquisition, retention/renewal and revenue strategies
• Manage all elements of the Memberlink system as it relates to the membership programs for the Waratahs and Rebels
• Implementing new programs and initiatives to increase member base and ticketing revenue, while managing and monitoring budget by tracking expenditures &
• Preparing pricing, packaging membership collateral (as per contractual requirements)
• Managing member events at game day and special functions as required
• Answering enquiries regarding ticketing and memberships
• Writing copy for eNewsletter and membership correspondence as required
• Outbound/follow-up communication with members
• Processing member tickets, hospitality bookings & other ticket processing as required
• Distributing annual membership packs and ticket orders
• Commercially aware individual with a demonstrated ability to maintain relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders – marketing, venue & ticketing operators,
state unions, suppliers
• Good negotiation skills. Ability to resolve sensitive issues internally and externally at all levels including management – can plan and conduct negotiations
reaching agreements and commitments
• Customer focus and strong planning and organising skills
• Degree qualified or relevant industry experience (+3 yrs) with demonstrable success in membership program management within sports or member based
• Proficiency in computer based tools
• Previous experience with the Memberlink program well regarded
To apply please send your CV and cover letter supporting your application to Rachel Buckling at Rachel.Buckling@rugby.com.au. Alternatively, you can call on
+61 2 80055528
for a confidential discussion.
Applications close Friday 19th September 2014.
Waratahs Rugby and NSW Rugby Union Intern Program
Updated September 10, 2014
Waratahs Rugby and the NSW Rugby Union have commenced their Intern Program for the 2015 season.
Designed to help talented and enthusiastic graduates with a passion for sport to gain valuable experience within the sporting industry, the internships will cover a range of areas including:
- Media and communications
- Game day operations
- Fan engagement
- Marketing and membership
Candidates wishing to express an interest in an internship in any area not included below can still express their interest. All applications should be submitted using the application form at the top of this page.
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype Credit
Free via Skype
Internship Application Form
Tweets from https://twitter.com/NSWWaratahs/players
Visit the Store
Fixtures & Results
Become a sponsor
© Copyright 2014 NSW Rugby   |